Urgent requirement for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer in Cyprus for a major Financial Institution
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the organisation’s cyber security infrastructure. This includes protecting company assets, such as intellectual property and sensitive customer information, from cyber threats and breaches. The individual in this role will be a subject matter expert in cyber security.
- An experienced cyber security engineer with 5 year’s experience across several cyber security domains, with a thorough understanding of cyber security analysis and knowledge of IT security best practice, solutions, and infrastructure.
- Obtained relevant information security certifications, such as CISSP, ISSAP, CEH, CASP, GSEC, GCIH, etc.
- Knowledge of standards, controls, and frameworks, such as CIS Controls, CSA Cloud Controls Matrix, ISO27001, NIST Standards (800-53, CSF), OWASP Top 10. You can demonstrate working with at least one of these but have a deeper understanding of PCI DSS compliance requirements.
- Proficient in supporting cyber incident response processes and maintaining an effective continuous threat and vulnerability monitoring program.
- Able to demonstrate 2 year’s experience securing cloud workloads and infrastructure, and operating cloud-native security tools and services to provide automation, preventative and detective controls.
- Have an in-depth knowledge on Cyber Kill Chain or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Developed a technical capability in Identity and Access Management to implement and manage appropriate privileged access controls across disparate systems and networks, both on-prem and cloud, and have previously deployed SSO solutions with multiple IdPs.
- Comfortable implementing, operating, and optimising cyber security tools and able to quickly understand and adapt to new security solutions to provide optimised operation.
- An ability to work independently and prioritise work to manage conflicting deadlines, have experience leading a team, and confident to take the initiative and say what you think.
- You’re an avid cyber security professional that follows industry trends and able to understand the latest developments and identify opportunities to address control gaps and known risks.
- You can integrate with a multicultural organisation and bring a professional work ethic to your conduct of team leadership and lead by example. You display strong communication and leadership skills.
- Experience working with fast-paced, cloud-first, innovative fintech companies that have challenged you to think creatively to meet complex objectives.
- An understanding of securing the operating environment of high-risk user groups, such as developers and regulated risk and finance teams, providing security-hardened devices and strong access controls.
- Perform application penetration testing and conduct security risk assessments of infrastructure changes.
- Comfortable providing guidance and training to team members and other departments.
If you are interested and have the relevant experience please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org